Monday, November 5, 2012

Saturday Classes: Week Three

Well we made it through week three of Saturday classes.  The Husband's class that is.  Actually his class ended up going about an hour later this Saturday and remember his class is about 2 1/2 hrs. away.

Don't fret though I had plenty to do this Saturday and my parents took it upon themselves to entertain me.  Hey it is like I am not even married and I am living with them again.  I know how much they miss me (typed with sarcasm.)

I actually spent the night at my parent's house Friday night, see I am slowly moving back in.  Shhhh don't tell them, they might move.  Okay, I am not really moving back in.  My grandma had an MRI scheduled for 7:00 p.m. Friday night so I met my mom at my grandmas and went with them to her appointment.  Then they didn't get her back until about 7:40 p.m. to do the actual MRI and then it was another 1/2 hr. or so for them to do the MRI.  So by the time we got my grandma back to her place and settled in it was a little after 9:00 p.m.  and since I was hungry and kind of cranky my mom went with me to Outback so that I could get a salad to eat.  Being the nice daughter that I am I even bought her an appetizer.  By that point in time I was tired and since I had already planned on going to their house the following day I figured it would just make more sense to stay there the night.

Then on Saturday morning my mom decided she wanted to go for early voting, just in case my grandma has to have surgery on Tuesday.  So she asks me if I want to go with her, after I heard my dad talking about how they said you could be standing in line to vote for two hours.  No thank you!  If I was going to stand in line for two hours then I might as well go ahead and do early voting where I live.  Did I mention that I was a good daughter?  I ended up changing my mind and went with her.  At least it was only 1 1/2 hrs...Like that is so much better.  Don't worry she rewarded me with a trip to Dunkin Doughnuts afterwards.

Later we went to lunch with my dad.  While we were at lunch he mentioned it was a good thing that I went with my mom this morning.  Apparently after I told her no when she asked if I wanted to go with her she started complaining to my dad.  Mentioned something about how if I had asked she would have gone with me.  REALLY??????  Didn't I go and help you last night?  Then she mentioned how after I was cranky and hungry and how SHE went with me to get something to eat.  Score one for mom.

After lunch we went to a flooring store with my parents, since they are in the process of getting ready to redo  their bathrooms, flooring, ect. in their house.  I mean I need to be involved in this process since I will one day inherit their home.  I was introduced as tag-along.  Nice!  Here is our late twenty something daughter who had nothing better to do today.  Oh well.  I don't think they are going to go with my choices either.

When we were done I really wanted to go to McNamara and look at their holiday stuff.  Their stuff is awesome but super expensive.  Who pays $170.00 for a wreath???  I really do want one but wanting and buying are two very different matters.  None the less I still love to go in there and look at everything. I will wait till after Christmas when everything goes on clearance.

Look what I did end up purchasing and it lights up!  I think we embarrassed my dad, especially since my mom ended up buying one and plans on wearing it to work on black Friday.  hers has snowmen on it though.

So that was pretty much my day!  I also ended up dozing off at my parent's house and then my mom and I went to dinner.

Overall I was kept pretty entertained!  

I may be almost 30 but I do enjoy spending time with my parents.  They really do crack me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment