Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Saturday Classes: Week Four and Five

Okay, so I am playing a bit of catch up here and have fallen behind on blogging about how I keep busy while my husband is attending his Saturday classes.  So I have combined week four and five in one post.

Week Four:

I had every intention of waking up early getting out of bed and getting some things done around the house.  You know how that goes.  I was even up by 8:30 a.m., thanks to my mother who called. Mom:  "Oh I thought you would have been awake already." Me:  "No, I decided to sleep in today."  Mom:  "Oops!"  Am I in high school again, where my mom is always trying to get me up on the weekends?  In her defense, I am usually up and moving by this time.  I digress.

Like I said, I did have every intention of making it a productive Saturday.  However, after laying in bed playing a game on my phone, I felt sleep calling my name.  So back to sleep I went.  I actually did not end up waking up until around 1:30 p.m.  Wow, I have not done that in awhile!

After waking up and trying to rush around and get ready, which included shaving my legs.  Yes, I just mentioned this, keep reading. It was time to leave for my massage (do you see now why I had to shave my legs?)  So off I went to some electrolysis /permanent makeup place, that does massages as well.  I was a little skeptical but who can resist a deal for a 90 minute hot stone massage for $49.00, typically a $120.00 value there.  Certainly not me!  In fact I had never had a hot stone massage so I was eager to try it out.  People supposedly either love it or hate it.

I arrive for my appointment and the massage therapist was waiting downstairs for me.  It is in a small office building so apparently the doors are locked on the weekends.  Kind of odd but onward we went. I go in to this small little suite and there is another woman in there with her husband, filling out a bunch of forms.  I finish with my forms and she said "You must be able to see better then me."  I respond with, "I think my forms were shorter than yours, I am here to get a massage."  Turns out she was there to have permanent makeup tattooed on her face.  Who does that?  It kind of, no it really CREEPS me out.

Okay, forms are filled out and it is time for my massage. Turns out it is a dude that is going to be doing my massage, now there is nothing wrong with men massage therapists but as a woman I am much more comfortable with a woman doing my massage.  It is just how I feel but I sucked it up and put my big girl panties on, who really cares about the gender of the masseuse as long as it is relaxing and enjoyable.

Ohhhh sweet relaxation....or not.  The massage starts and the therapist starts talking some, I don't mind a little talk but he starts talking A LOT.  He starts talking about how he does not really like giving hot stone massages, how he is a therapist and has his own business as well.  Then he starts talking about dating and how he always has to ask how they feel about him giving massages to women, are they jealous type?  Okay, this is a little weird.  He goes on to talk about how he wants to make sure that they know that it is an intimate thing, don't think this is the word he was looking for, he then changes it and how they have to be comfortable with what he does.  Makes sense but, dude I am laying here half naked on your table, could you not use the word intimate, it weirds me out a bit.  Apparently he brings this up during speed dating.  Now, he did not talk the whole time and I did get to enjoy some silence.  He actually did a pretty good job and was able to get a lot of the kinks out of my upper back, they were bad!

As far as a hot stone massage goes, it felt fine but it is not something that I would pay more for.  In the future I will just stick to my standard massages.  Also, I will probably not go back there again, he did a good job but they are farther away from where I live and their prices are higher, plus I like my regular massage therapist better.  I did tell my mom that when she schedules hers she should use him, she had been there before with another deal and had some one she did not enjoy.  I had purchased this one for her so she needs to use it and I think she will enjoy his massage more, just not the talking portion.

Once the massage was done I met up with a friend, her husband and two little girls for dinner at O'Charley's.  We had a great time, the little ones always make me laugh.  Heck, so does she and her husband.

So, that concludes week four.

Week Five:

So we arrive at week five, which was this past Saturday.  We are over 1/2 way there!  I woke up at about 7:30 a.m. and started to call my husband.  I hear his phone ringing.  Oh crap, did he leave his phone at home?  Nope, apparently his tire had gone flat, so he decided to skip class for the day.  Remember he has a two hour drive, so by the time he would have gotten it taken care of and on the road, it just would not have been worth it.

Yay!  I get to spend the day with the Husband.  Hmmm....how can I fit him in to my Saturday plans?  I know...I will convince him to take me out to breakfast to get some pancakes.  Success!  He agrees to take me out to breakfast.

Next on my schedule for the day is a deep conditioning treatment and haircut.  Yep, you've got it, I bought another deal.  This one was off of LivingSocial.  $24.00 for a conditioning treatment and haircut.  Can't beat that price!

It has been so long since I have had my hair done.  The last time was before we moved.  Now if you know me, then you know that I have SUPER thick hair and that it grows out and not down.  My hair was badly in need of a cut, it was quite embarrassing.  So the Husband dropped me off at the hair place while he went off to explore.  Ahhh...so much better!  My hair felt lighter and looked great!  Props to the hairstylist and the salon   I have scheduled an appointment to return the end of December for another trim and for highlights. You have won my business for now.  See deal sites can help you attract customers!  Keep the deals coming people.

After that I looked at the Husband and informed him I was hungry and I knew just where I wanted to go. Destination: On The Border.  Boy, do I love their chips and salsa.

After lunch it was time for the Husband to get his hair cut.  He had sprouted wings and looked like he was about ready to fly away.  Yes, I believe that there was some squawking involved. Okay, maybe it was me doing the squawking.

The Husband goes to this place called Sports Clips.  They have TVs that they can watch, in front of each station while they are getting their hair done.  Sports of course but none the less a neat concept.  Then I learned something about the Husband, not only does he get his haircut while he is there but he also upgrades to get his hair washed, with the steam towel over his face and finishes off with a short neck massage.  No wonder his haircut bills have been more expensive!  His secret has been discovered.

So that was Saturday number five, only this one included the Husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment