Friday, November 2, 2012

Conversations In The Husband's Head

Do any of you ever have your husband tell you that he told you something and you swear he never said anything about it?  I swear my husband does this, he says he has told me something and I know that he does not.  Then he accuses me of not listening.  I think to myself am I going crazy?

Case in point, we had recently had a conversation that he needed to go and attend one of his union meetings.  He did not specify when he was going, just that he needed to attend one.  Yesterday afternoon we were on the phone and I said something along the lines of I could not find my glasses and since I could not see I needed him to help me find them when he got home.  He laughed and said "oh that might be a problem since I will not be home until late."  Huh?  "Yeah, I am going to the my union meeting."  I think to myself, nice I wish I had known this so that I could have made plans or something.  Not that there are not some things, okay a LOT of things that I need to do around the house but I could have gone to my parents for dinner or out with a friend.

He goes on to say that he told me he was going to go.  Nu-uh, he did not tell me.  I know I am NOT going crazy.  Our conversation only consisted of he needed to attend a meeting sometime, not that he was going to this meeting.

Oh well, at least I did not have anything planned for dinner and I did manage to find a friend to go to dinner with.  Luckily I was able to send Turtle a text message to see if she had plans for the night. I was lucky that she did not.  My friend Turtle is a life saver!

So do you ever feel this way?  Does your husband or boyfriend swear up and down that they told you something?  I know that I am not the only one that this happens to.

Just another day in a typical Midwest marriage. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment