Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day Weekend Adventures

Over the weekend my parents came down to visit my husband and I.  I am very lucky that my husband and parents like each other and get along very well!

My parents arrived on a Friday night and we had a reservation to eat at Maker's Mark Bourbon House and Lounge.  My husband and I had purchased a Groupon so that we could try this restaurant out.  I honestly have to say that I was a little disappointed, the food was not bad but it was not spectacular by any means, especially for the price.  For the price I would much prefer to spend our money at someplace like Sullivans or Mortons.  However, I am glad that we tried it.  I do not think that we will go back there for dinner.  However, if my mom were in town and we were just looking for a place to get an appetizer and some drinks then I would consider going there because the Warm Goat cheese skillet was amazing!  So if you do decide to go there you should definitely order this as an appetizer.

On Saturday we headed to downtown Louisville again for lunch, notice a pattern here, we ate out a lot over the weekend. This time we decided to check out the Bristol Bar & Grille.  I have to say I was impressed, the prices were not bad and the food was very good.  If you decide to check it out I suggest ordering the Green Chile Wontons with guacamole and the Crab Cake Sandwich.  Both items were delicious.  This is definitely a restaurant that my husband and I would visit again and there are multiple locations.  After lunch we decided to take a trip to the Louisville Zoo as none of us had ever been before.  I did not realize how large of a zoo it was!  We had a great time seeing the animals and walking around.  I really enjoyed this zoo and seeing all of the animals that they have there.  I was disappointed that the polar bear did not come out while we were there because this was one of the main reasons that I wanted to go.  My husband did end up buying me a polar bear stuffed animal from there, I guess because I did not get to see one. :-)  I think we spent about 3 1/2 hours there so afterwards we were all pretty tired.  If you live in the area or are visiting the area then I definitely recommend a trip to the zoo!

Sunday arrived, Happy Father's Day!  I was sad because my parents would be leaving that afternoon.  Before the left we went downtown again to drive around 3rd Street, there is a walking tour that you can do on your own to look at all of the old Victorian homes, you cannot go in the homes but you can walk on the sidewalks.  Since it was raining we could not walk around outside but we did enjoy the drive!  Definitely something to think about doing, especially if you are not looking to spend any money.

This concludes our adventures for the weekend.  We had a great weekend and I think we ate to much.  I will have to watch that and start incorporating more outings and not just restaurants on here.

Below is information on where you can find the places that we went to over the weekend. 

Maker's Mark Bourbon House & Lounge
446 S. Fourth St.
Louisville, KY 40202

Bristol Bar & Grille
614 West Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202
502.582.1995

Louisville Zoo
1100 Trevilian Way
Louisville, KY 40213-1559


Walking Tour
http://www.oldlouisville.com/third_street_tour.htm

1100 TREVILIAN WAY, LOUISVILLE KY  40213

No comments:

Post a Comment