Monday, October 31, 2011

I Don't Want to Keep Up With the Kardashians

Exactly what my title says...I do not want to keep up with the Kardashians.

Now I do not watch Keeping Up With the Kardasians nor do I really follow any of them.  However, because they are in the public eye I do know some about them and know who they are if someone is talking about them. I am more of a Real Housewives girl, that is my secret pleasure.

Today it was announced that Kim Kardashian filed for divorce from her husband of 72 days, Kris Humphries.  For some reason this really burns me.  They spent 10 million dollars on a wedding, the wedding was a televised special and they file for divorce 72 days after they married.  Apparently they filed because they could not agree with one another on where to live.  He wanted to settle down in Minnesota and she wanted to stay in L.A. I feel like they just made a mockery of marriage.  Am I wrong?

Here are some of  my reasons:

1. You have only been married for 72 days, this was not some quickie Vegas wedding or even a quickie wedding.

2.  You spent 10 million dollars on a wedding, just to file for divorce 72 days later?  If I were her parents I would be sooooooooo mad at her. Heck, I would be mad at myself!

3. Things like where you live, children, religion, ect. should be discussed before you get married.

4.  Marriage is not always easy, you have to work at it and communicate with one another. If you love someone you try to work it out.

5.  If you have money like they do, why don't you compromise and split your time between the two places.  Buy two homes one in each place.  This is not rocket science.  

So I have to ask...Why?

A.) Was this a publicity stunt?  After all they did get paid for it to be televised...

B.) Are they really that in to themselves that they do not know how to compromise?

C.)  Do we feel bad for them because they realized they were making a mistake but unfortunately took it too far and did not know how to get out of it?  They are in the public eye so maybe this is plausible, maybe they just had to live a huge embarrassing moment in front of the whole world, whereas others who are not in the public eye could get a divorce and no one would ever know.

D.) Are they morons?

E. ) None of the above ?

F.) All of the above?

So please feel free to comment.  You know what my feelings are.  I would love to know what yours are.

By the way here is my disclaimer.  I am not in any way judging individuals who get a divorce.  Marriage is between the couple that is married.  Their struggles are just that, their struggles and what goes on in a marriage is private.  My issue is the quickness of the divorce, the reasoning (without any appearance of trying to work it out) and the amount of money they spent on the wedding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment