My thirties may look good on me. Did I really just type that? Shhhh...don't tell anyone.
You see, I was not looking forward to turning thirty, in fact that is an understatement. I was TERRIFIED of turning thirty. I felt that it was a dirty word. How could I be turning thirty already? Where had my twenties gone? Wait, I am not ready to leave them behind. I was really holding on tight.
I don't think this is uncommon for most women, hell I am sure men even feel this way as well. People always make such a big deal about it, ohhh you are getting older. I do the same thing and I bought in to it hook, line and sinker. I felt like there were things that I did not accomplish in my twenties that I wanted to accomplish before I turned thirty. We set goals for ourselves when we are younger, little milestones or big milestones that we want to pass. It is great to set goals but what I have realized is that it is silly to be upset if it does not happen when we want it to. Who cares if I am not making as much money as I wanted to? Or if I am not as far as long in my career as I wanted to be? Or whatever other goals that we might set for ourselves. How old were we when we set these goals? Were they realistic? Some might have been but most probably were not. So these were the things that I was thinking about as I started heading up hill, chugging faster and faster towards thirty.
Then there were multiple things that happend and it dawned on me that my thirties might just be awesome.
1. Towards the end of the summer I crossed an item off of my bucket list and bought myself a Mustang, a bright red one, with encouragement from the Husband. (Still 29)
2. The Husband moved in to the power delivery side of the business that he works in and was really excited and happy about it. He started loving his job! (Still 29)
3. I was offered a job back in HR at the company that I work at, since we are living closer to the corporate office again. This is something that I had been thinking about and really wanted. (3 weeks before turning 30)
4. The husband surprised me with a trip to Vegas with some of our friends. Best husband ever! We celebrated my dirty thirty in style! ( 2 weeks before turning 30)
(Celebrating my dirty thirty Vegas style!)
5. Drum roll please...we made an offer on a house two days before my birthday and on my birthday, after we had countered, they accepted our offer!!!!!
Okay, so maybe many of the things happened when I was 29 but they were all leading up to turning thirty and they all helped me to accept the inevitable.
So ladies and gentleman if you are getting ready to turn thirty embrace it! If you are getting ready to turn forty then sorry about your luck, just kidding!