Monday, September 24, 2012

My Husband, My Hero


On Saturday afternoon a friend and I were having a conversation about marriage about the ups and the downs, ect.  Now this conversation is not verbatim but this is the gist of it.  She said that my husband and I seem to be really happy and get along very well, joking around with one another ect.  I responded that yes we do, I love my husband very much but that we have been through a lot in the short span of our marriage, death of family members, sickness, ect.  but that this has only made us stronger. How my husband and I had just discussed how we try to let the little things go that annoy us about one another, it is not worth fighting over.

My friend and I discussed how sometimes it is hard to remember that marriage is between two people, not to take sides in a disagreement between a friend and their significant other, but to just step back and listen.  You see, many of us are guilty of complaining about our spouses, as am I at times.  We do not always praise our spouse when we are talking with our friends/family members but instead we are calling to vent about something that they did that annoyed us. Now, I am not saying to praise your significant other if they have not done anything to be praised for or saying that it is wrong to vent.  I am just pointing out that many times we forget to do this, like I said I am guilty as well. I am always here to listen to my friends/family and will not judge.

My husband is my hero and my best friend.  I love him so much and praise the Lord every day that he brought him in to my life, even when he may annoy me.  My husband is my hero because he loves and supports me in whatever I may want to do.  He listens to my fears and holds me when I am sad.  He thinks of romantic ways to surprise me and things to put a smile on my face.

My husband was also someone else’s hero on Saturday night.  That night we were attending the Gleaner’s Fall Harvest Gala, at the J.W. Marriott in downtown Indianapolis.  At the table next to us a man started choking.  People started shouting is there a doctor or a nurse here.  My husband had already leapt out of his chair because he noticed that this gentleman was choking.  You see, my husband has first responder training and he is certified through the state.  He ended up having to perform the Heimlich on this man and was successful.  My husband saved this man’s life.   As he was thanked and people were praising him, there was a slight blush on his face.  This man, my husband did not want thanks or gratitude, although it was appreciated, he did what he knew everyone who is trained to do should do.  I was so proud of him.

So with that being said my husband is the love of my life and my hero.  I love you sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment