Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Indiana State Fair - $2 Tuesdays

Well, last the night the Husband and I went to $2.00 Tuesday at the State Fair.  Yep, you read that correctly, $2.00.  It was $2.00 to get in to the fair, with a coupon and many of the vendors had sample size food portions that were $2.00.

The Husband decided this was something he wanted to go and do.  He said he was going to eat his way through the fair and that is what he and I did.

At first I was not sure if I wanted to go, after all it was during the week and I was super tired by the end of the work day.  Usually, it is the other way around the Husband does not want to go out during the week since he has to be up very early for work.  However, I put my big girl panties on and agreed to go.

Boy am I glad we went!  We had a wonderful date night together, eating our way around the fair, as the Husband put it.  It was a beautiful night, with great weather, not something that happens often in Indiana in the middle of August.  Every time I have ever gone to the fair I remember it being hot!!!

In fact the Husband keeps asking if we can go back to the fair on Saturday for Mazda day.  I swear sometimes he acts like a five year old (I am typing this with affection).  I reminded him that it would not be $2 Tuesday and that we had other plans on Saturday, which include me taking the cat to get groomed (if the vet ever sends her records to me) and a wedding reception that night.

Unfortunately if you are looking for a deal at the State Fair this year, you have missed it.  There will be no more $2 Tuesdays, since it ends this weekend.  However, I believe that they do this every year, so you can catch it next time.

If you do go to the fair sometime this week or weekend just a reminder that they charge $5.00 for parking as well.

Keep on adventuring and enjoying life!

No comments:

Post a Comment