Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  I hope that everyone had a safe and fun New Year's Eve.  Did anyone do anything fun and exciting for the New Year?

This year we decided to be low key about things.  We are not big party animals anyways and are not really in to the bar scene.  I had Friday off of work, so when my husband got out of work we picked up a truck that we rented to take a mattress that we were getting rid of up to my parent's house.  The mattress that my husband and I sleep on when we are up there is almost as old as I am, so that gives you a clue on how uncomfortable that mattress was.  So since we were getting rid of  one that we had, we decided to take the more comfortable one up there.  The trip was a rainy one but luckily the mattress was covered in plastic and stayed dry for the most part.

I have also concluded that my husband is spoiled by my parents, this time by my father.  Before we were getting ready to head up there he called my dad and told him that he had really been craving Abuelo's and he wanted to know if we could go there for dinner.  Of course my dad said yes to him.  Where have the days of being daddy's little princess gone? Oh well, at least they like my husband.

We stayed the night at my parents house and headed out on the road the following day (New Year's Eve).  Yes, we are very exciting!  We stopped at Kohl's to exchange an item that we had received for Christmas and then we were back on our way home.  We also made a quick stop at the outlets because I needed to exchange a pair of pants.  Of course since they were having such a sale I came away with more, I couldn't just exchange the pants and be on my way could I?  Nope, I ended up with a suit jacket that matched the pants, two dresses, a cardigan and two shirts, all for only $157.00.  Not to bad if I do say so myself.  After a shopping blitz we made it home just in time for my massage appointment.

Now as I mentioned before we decided to just stay in for New Year's Eve.  We had an early dinner at Red Lobster (thanks to my Grandma for the gift card), took a little nap and then rented a movie.  We rang in the New Year by watching the ball drop on TV and then finished watching the movie we had rented.

All in all, I would say that we had a great New Year so far.  The only bad news I have received for the new year  is that my platelets have fallen to 62.  So here is hoping that the rest of the year goes well and that my platelets go up!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment